The LARB Quarterly Journal
What is being done at the Los Angeles Review of Books is renegade. The fish swimming upstream. A perfect example of disruptive innovation in a floundering industry.
The LARB Quarterly Journal is a testament to the fact that print is still thriving as readers continue to have a profound appetite for curated, edited, smart and fun opinion, written by the best writers and thinkers of our time.
We’ve carefully selected these articles, poems, interviews and essays—all written exclusively for this publication—for readers of just about any interest. The new issue of the LARB Quarterly Journal includes:
- The exclusive LARB interview with John Rechy, in conversation with John-Manuel Andriote and Tom Lutz.
- Feature essays by Evan James, Alice Bolin, Douglas Greenberg, Ravi Mangla and Benjamin Aldes Wurgaft.
- Original fiction by Judy Chicurel and Carmen Maria Machado.
- Original poetry by Carl Adamshick, Sesshu Foster and Martha Ronk, featuring a comic poem by Gary Jackson.
- “Uncle” shorts written by Aimee Bender, Mona Simpson, Diana Abu-Jaber, Rabih Alameddine, Daniel Handler, Lily Tuck and Michelle Huneven.
- Including an Artist Portfolio and profile of Henry Taylor.